We are a group of veteran and military connected students building a community of student veterans and alumni majoring in STEM. We are supported by the Veteran Resource Centers and Center for Diverse Leadership in Science to provide mentorship, scientific workshops, and research experiences to success rates student veterans for successful completion of major in STEM. We believe the combination of our military experiences, higher education, and participation in this program will help create diversity champions in STEM with veteran origin.
Upcoming Programs (Wednesdays 5-6pm @ VRC):
- 2023-10-04 Orientation Meeting Flyer
- 2023-10-11 Lit Review Pt 1: Reading Articles and Note Taking recording images
- 2023-11-01 Lit Review Pt 2: Source Selection and Organization images
- Week 2: Searching for a Lab
- Week 3: STEM Panel with Grad mentors
- Week 5: Alumni Presentation
- 3 events in Winter Quarter 2023 flyer
- 02-06-2023 How To Deliver a Scientific Presentation slides
- 01-30-2023 Scientific Poster Presentation Workshop images, recording
- 01-27-2023 ELAC Lab Tour images
- 01-23-2023 Descriptive Table Workshop slides, table example, image
- 01-17-2023 Introduction to Vets In Stem Program & Pre-Health Program slides
- 10-19-2022 Data Handling & Construction Table 1 recording, images & slides
- 10-12-2022 Scientific Writing: Literature Review and Conducting Scholarly Research recording
- 10-05-2022 Scientific Literature Review recording and slides
Eligibility for VRC/CDLS VIS Program Description:
- Veteran undergraduate student at UCLA or ELAC majoring in a STEM field.
- Participation in at least 80% of VIS in workshops.
- Minimum of one academic year left of undergraduate degree.
Scholarship Application Timeline & Notification:
- Please check back mid Winter Quarter
Meet The Team - UCLA:
Meet The Team - ELAC:
Director, ELAC Veteran Resource Center